Friday, July 11, 2014

Yay Friday; yay Friday at Google! I am hyped for the weekend - tomorrow we visit Santa Cruz!


We continued Python today and I was very grateful for the breakout sessions. In the breakout sessions, I was able to better understand the application of certain functions and commands.  I feel more prepared for AppEngine with Python which starts on Monday.

Our team won the challenge on Wednesday and received our prizes today - success!
We're planning to all wear them the same day next week.



In the afternoon, there was a CSSIer alum meet-up. We spoke with CSSI alum who are interning at Google this summer. It was interesting to hear how their CSSI experiences impacted their decision for CS and their choice to return to Google.

There were cupcakes:




Post CSSI meet up:



After the Google CSSI meet up concluded we continued to program and approach problems using Python. 

Finally 5:00pm (Pacific time) came and I visited the Google store (Google also shared with us spending money). In the store, I was overwhelmed by the possibilities. After some difficult deliberating, I did purchase items for myself and small gifts for friends.

Google store:


An interesting store...


Following the Google store visit and dinner, we traveled on a group trip to the movie theater. 
I watched How to Train Your Dragon 2 with Katy and Wallis; a clap-worthy sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment