Sunday, July 20, 2014

PALO ALTO!

Sundays are free days and today Quinn and I decided to journey into Palo Alto to explore. We quickly grabbed breakfast at the hotel and called a Lyft (similar to Uber). If you live in the Mountain View area, I would definitely recommend Lyft since the first ride is free with a download of the app.

Once arriving in Palo Alto, we walked Main Street. We went into many cute stores on our walk and chatted. I love learning from listening to other peoples' perspectives.

There are so many restaurants and cafes in Palo Alto. Deciding where to eat was difficult, but we settled on a crepe cafe that was very busy. We used business = yumminess as an indicator and it was spot on.





We left downtown Palo Alto to visit the Stanford campus and meet up with my friend Meghan, a Stanford student who is currently conducting research over the summer. It was truly awesome to spend time with her today! She shared some of her Stanford experiences with us as well as tips for college. Meghan also provided me with insights into her Microsoft YouthSpark Challenge for Change experience since she was 1 of the 5 winners of the competition last year. This year, I was 1 of the 5 winners of the Challenge and I look forward to discussing and comparing our Microsoft experiences. I am excited to go with to Ecuador with Microsoft based on what Meghan told me about her trip to Kenya with Microsoft.

Meghan, Quinn, and I went up to the top of Hoover Tower which overlooked Stanford's campus and the surrounding area. The view was so clear that we could even see San Francisco!

Stanford:


With Meghan:
M is for Microsoft!!!




Pictures from Hoover Tower:




 I would definitely consider Stanford for grad school...




I had a wonderful day in Palo Alto! Tonight I'm working on my part to prep for the group project so that we can be prepared to "jump-on-it" tomorrow. Can't wait to code and experience the intensity of the group project! I know this week might get rough, but working to produce an awesome application to present to Googlers on Friday is beyond exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment